Things to do in Calgary
- Visit Calgary Zoo - The Calgary Zoo is a fun activity for all ages to enjoy. Recovering drastically from the detrimental 2013 floods, The Calgary Zoo has maintained and restructured the Zoo and its beloved animals including the most recent and favored Penguins. Take a walk on the wild side and visit the Tigers, Komodo Dragons, Hippos, and many more interesting animals.
- Go to Banff - Only an hour outside of the City, Banff National Park offers a gorgeous mountain experience with shopping, dining, history, guided tours, and hiking.
- Walk Stephen Avenue - This beautiful 8th Avenue walk is in the center of it all. Whether you’re looking for a peaceful stroll, trending restaurants and shops, or a night on the town, this is your place.
- Visit The Calgary Tower – View Calgary at its high point. Dine at the revolving restaurant for the best views in town.
- Did you know that Calgary is home to one of Canada’s top 10 restaurants? The The Rouge Restaurant - in the unique Inglewood area offers guests an unforgettable dining experience and customer service. Feel right at home in this historic 2-storey house modified into a restaurant with the highest class chef’s, wait staff, and delicious local cuisine.
- If fine dining is right up your alley, Calgary’s Teatro Ristorante - in downtown Calgary is calling your name. Teatro can be summed up in one word - dignified. Dignified service, food, wine, and overall experience.
- Try out our trending breakfast scene. If you’re in the mood for some home-style, feel-good food, Calgary’s Diner Deluxe - is where it’s at. Order your favorites or try something new, it’s all up to you!
- If you love good food, a little history, and a relaxed atmosphere, try Calgary’s new fabulous restaurant: The Nash -
- Many tell us that Holt Renfrew and Calgary’s downtown shopping destination, The Core, - is a must. Shop for shoes, suits, dresses, bags, and all that is in-between. The best part is you can spend a lot or a little and still come out extremely satisfied.
- Try out unique boutique shops on 17th Avenue inclunding: Purr Clothing, - Gravity Pope, - or Freak LunchBox - if you’re in the mood for something sweet.
- Fitness is an extremely important part of life, don’t worry we’ve got you covered there too! Did you know that recently Studio Revolution - has opened up a location in Calgary on 17th Avenue SW. Studio Revolution the newest and most unique type of workout you can find. “The SURFSET workout method is a fitness program inspired by the sport of Surfing. SURFSET is the world’s most unique workout, combining elements of aerobic fat burning, lean muscle build, and balance & core training in one 45 minute routine on top of a custom made unstable surfboard.”
- If you’re in the zone for Yoga, Calgary has plenty of welcoming studios in all areas of the city just waiting to register you for your daily or weekly practice: Credo Yoga -
- If you want a good ol’ gym we have that too: Anytime Fitness, - Goodlife Fitness -
5. Calgary’s Best Kept Secrets….SHHH